With the release of Black Ops 2 right around the corner, I think its time for another informative rant ….. yes informative. This post is going to be about the new “Rules” which Tryarch are gonna use to ban people.
So in short the new rules are basically DO NOT CHEAT but there are other rules. Now I’m not gonna go over them all. Instead, I’ll be lazy and just copy the link to the rules in this post.
Now you might ask how this is a “rant”, well there is one rule I want to highlight.
Unsupported Peripheral Devices & Applications
“Any user who utilizes an unsupported external hardware device or application to interact with the game is subject to penalty. Unsupported peripheral devices and applications include but are not limited to modded controllers, IP flooders and lag switches.
- Minor offense: User will be temporarily banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset and will have their leaderboard entries deleted.
- Extreme or repeat offenses: User will be permanently banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset, and will be blocked permanently from appearing in leaderboards.”
“Modded Controllers”. Now I am not sure if you’ve seen my MW3 videos on YouTube, but people accuse me of using a modded controller when I do not. I actually have a very fast trigger finger which explains why I can shoot so quick. This is the problem, people can’t tell the difference and that means me and a lot of other people will be getting banned for no reason.
Now don’t get me wrong, I’m all for having rules in Call of Duty. However another problem is that Treyarch don’t seem to actually enforce them, I remember the same things being said for MW3, and did they do anything about banning people? No they didn’t.
Now there is another rule, which forbids swearing.
HELLO TREYARCH, IT’S AN 18 RATED GAME FOR FUCKS SAKE! I’m 21 years old, and I have the right to swear on Xbox live. Now I can understand rules against racism etc, as I would never do that. Hearing someone rage after you kill them is funny, as they say some of the most random things.
Another thing that pisses me off, is that those people who got the game early are not having their rank reset …… WHAT THE FUCK! Its not fair on people like me who chose to wait for the game to be released. In fact I am shocked that they are hosting a midnight launch of the game, its POINTLESS!
Phew …. okay.
Black Ops 2 from what I’ve seen appears to be the first decent Call of Duty since Modern Warfare 1. It looks like they put actual effort into making Black Ops 2. Zombies looks really good, and the multiplayer looks awesome.
- Black Ops 2: early players won’t have stats reset at launch, PC getting 90 FOV post-launch (vg247.com)
- Black Ops II: Don’t want to get banned? Then don’t do any of this… (gamesradar.com)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Banning and Security Policy Revealed (news.softpedia.com)
- Black Ops 2 security and enforcement policy outlines ban hammers (vg247.com)
- Black Ops 2 Tombstone Perk and 3-Second Rule Detailed (amog.com)
- Don’t F*ck up and You’ll be Fine (callofduty-community.com)
- Black Ops 2 Zombies Easter Egg debatable (product-reviews.net)