Being banned from YouTube is by and large irrtating especially when you know you have not breached the community guidelines. However YouTube seems to think that I did, and as such I was banned for two weeks. So keep reading to find out if I actually did break the community guidelines.
Here is the main chunk of the CG from YouTube’s page.
Here are some common-sense rules that will help you steer clear of trouble:
- YouTube is not for pornography or sexually explicit content. If this describes your video, even if it’s a video of yourself, don’t post it on YouTube. In addition, please be advised that we work closely with law enforcement and we report child exploitation. Please read our Safety Tips and stay safe on YouTube.
- Don’t post videos showing things like animal abuse, drug abuse or bomb making.
- Graphic or gratuitous violence is not allowed. If your video shows someone getting hurt, attacked or humiliated, don’t post it.
- YouTube is not a shock site. Don’t post gory videos of accidents, dead bodies or similar things.
- Respect copyright. Only upload videos that you made or that you are authorised to use. This means don’t upload videos you didn’t make, or use content in your videos to which someone else owns the copyright, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programmes or videos made by other users, without the requisite authorisations. Read our Copyright Tips for more information.
- We encourage free speech and defend everyone’s right to express unpopular points of view. But we do not permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status and sexual orientation/gender identity).
- There is zero tolerance of predatory behaviour, stalking, threats, harassment, invading privacy or the revealing of other members’ personal information. Anyone caught doing these things may be permanently banned from YouTube.
- Everyone hates spam. Do not create misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails in order to increase views. It’s not OK to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages.
Did the video contain Pornographic images?
No it doesn’t. None of my videos do. So that’s one reason I shouldn’t have been banned. Lets go over the next point.
Did the video show anything like Drugs, Bomb making and animal abuse?
No again. I am not a terrorist, I am not a drug addict and I certainly don’t abuse animals. Okay so showing people how to shoot guns is perfectly fine though? I don’t think so. There’s another reason why the ban is bullshit. On to the next point.
Did my video contain anyone getting hurt?
Again no it didn’t. The only thing that got hurt in that video were people’s feelings. I am sure that isn’t against the CGs. Another reason the ban was bullshit. On to the next point. I’ve seen many videos on YouTube that show people getting hurt, but do those channels get banned? No they don’t.
Did my video contain a Dead body or anything that causes shock to people?
Again no. I don’t see why anyone would do this. As for causing shock to people, my video didn’t contain anything of the sort. Again another reason I shouldn’t have been banned.
Did my video breach copyright?
No it did not. YouTube has been trying to get my videos removed on the grounds of Copyright claims for years. I’ve had constant Falsified copyright claims on my videos. All of which I had to successfully appeal against. Did I steal another user’s video? No I didn’t.
Did my video contain Hate Speech?
Yes, but did it breach the CG’s. There was no Racism, no sexism, no Age discrimination, no Disability discrimination, and no sexual orientation discrimination.
Did my video contain “Predatory behaviour”?
No it didn’t. Did it contain harassment? No, did it contain Stalking? No it didn’t. Did the video contain threats? No it didn’t. Did the video invade someone’s privacy? No, did the video reveal personal information? No it didn’t.
Did my video contain Spam?
No it didn’t.
So the big question is ….. why was I banned in the first place? I admit in the video that got me banned, I did go over the top. However no community guidelines were breached. “Bullying” is why i was banned. Explain how I “Bullied” Fivebirdman in my video? He tried (and failed) to bully me first, yet he gets away with it, oh I mean he gets warning and is allowed to continue on YouTube? I don’t think so.