I have had the arc mouse for quite some time now and I have not yet done a review on it. Anyway lets get started on this review.
I honestly think the design is fantastic. They have made it so that it looks cool, and functions good. Since its in the arc shape it makes it much more ergonomic to use which is brilliant if you are on the computer a lot.
The top surface is made of a rubbery feeling material, which does not attract finger prints or dirt which again is another thumbs up for this mouse.
There is also a button at the side. Most people who use other mice have the issue of accidentally hitting the button, however on this mouse this is not the case.
The mouse can also be used with the left or right hand, which is great as it brings a decent mouse to those who are left handed.
The mouse comes with a button on the side which can activate the Windows flip so you can switch between multiple windows in one button press. (If you have downloaded the arc mouse software which is separate)
Apart from that however it has all the standard functionality of any mouse you will find out there.
The battery life lasts for 6 months without turning the mouse off, by folding it up. This is a good thing since you don’t have to keep buying batteries every week.
Since the mouse is so small you can actually fold it up and take it with you on the go. This makes sense since the mouse was designed with laptops in mind, however you shouldn’t have any issues using it on a desktop PC.
The mouse is also light weight which makes carrying it around much easier. The receiver is attached to a magnet underneath the mouse so you do not have to worry about losing it.
The mouse is wireless which can sometimes be a bad thing for some mice due to interference and range. This again is not an issue for the arc mouse. I hardly get any interference, and the mouse works perfectly.
- Wireless works great no interference
- Ergonomically designed
- No risk of hitting button on the side by accident
- Plug and play
- Long battery Life
- Can be used right or left handed.
- Middle click requires a lot of pressure
- Small design makes it harder to use for those with bigger hands
- Price is a bit expensive for a mouse
- Takes some getting used too.
- Side button only works when arc mouse software is downloaded
- Arc mouse software can interfere with mouse configuration in games.
- First Pics Of Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (lockergnome.com)
- Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse gets premature unveil (slashgear.com)
- Microsoft’s Arc Touch mouse unveiled by accident (geek.com)
- Microsoft’s Arc Touch Mouse Rips Off The Magic Mouse To No Avail (cultofmac.com)