If you’ve used the latest version of safari, you’ll realise there is a 3D tab manager and speed dial page when you open a new tab.
With the addon “FoxTab” that feature can be brought to firefox.
What makes this addon stand out from the version on safari is the customisation that can be done for this addon. (I’ll get to this in a second)
FoxTab is also a 3D tab manager, so you can graphically view all of the tabs you have open, you can also do the same for the top sites feature.
The 3D tab manager can be accessed by using FoxTab interactive mode. Which can be found next to the address bar.
Earlier on in the post I mentioned that the addon was customisible, I wasn’t lying.
First lets cover the colour and back ground.
It’s quite easy to customise the background and colour of the addon, a simple click and a file browse, or you can add a background via url. Also you can chose your viewing angle from the little circle icon above the colour options. To customise the addon you need to be in interactive mode.
Now onto the various views this addon has.
There are other views, but I don’t want to make this post too long.
Finally there is the options for the addon.
My advice is to have a play around with the addon your self and see what works for you.
So, is the addon worth the download? Let us know in the comments.
- Get Compiz-like 3D Effects In Your Firefox (maketecheasier.com)
- How to Change and Move Firefox 4 Tabs On Top or Bottom (Above or Below) of Address Bar (mydigitallife.info)
- With FireFox’s Tab Candy Feature, We’ll Finally Achieve Tab Nirvana [Firefox] (gizmodo.com)
- 30 of The Best Firefox Addons For Better Tabbed Browsing (vikitech.com)
- Google Removes “New Tab” Page From Google Toolbar For IE (techie-buzz.com)